Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree....


Several months ago, I drove to Mustang to meet Dr. Ainsworth and interview for my future job.  As I nervously drove, I glanced to my right and saw a wonderful thing that instantly took my mind off being nervous....a christmas tree farm.  I called Ryan immediately and and told him that going to the farm, picking out a tree, and cutting it down to put in our house has always been a dream for me.  Since that day, I have passed that farm many times and each time, I get excited at the prospect of picking out my tree. Since I had Eli, that dream has only intensified.  I could picture two or three kids running around saying, "How about this one, Mom?".  Well, my fantasy has become a reality.

After months of bugging Ryan about going to this tree farm, I informed him that Sunday was the day. We were going to go and get our tree.  Ryan, for those of you who know him, did the expected thing--he grumbled and complained.  "Why would anyone pay to cut down their own tree when we can go to Lowes and buy one already packaged up for us?" He must have asked me this question a million times as I nagged him into driving over to the farm.  He scowled and mumbled the whole way but I WON. We bundled up Eli, grabbed a cart and started searching.  I found what I was looking for in a beautiful, seven foot tree that was wide and full.  Thank goodness that our friendly tree farm staff had very sharp bow saws or I would never have heard the end of it.  Ryan cut it down in about fifteen seconds and we loaded it up on our cart.  After they shook it to get rid of the loose pine needles and wrapped it up, we took it home and put it in it's new stand.  We decorated for about two days and below is what we got.  Even Ryan had to admit that it was fun and the tree was really pretty.  I am so excited that Eli was there to help pick his first tree. I think this is a great new family tradition and one that I know I will look forward to every year.   


Picking out our tree.

My big, strong hubby cutting down our tree!


Loading it up.

Doesn't Ryan look excited!

Our finished tree.  Pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment